Archive, December 2021.

As parents age and children become adults, sometimes the parenting roles flip, and an adult child takes on a caretaking role for his or her parents. Age-related cognitive decline, Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and physical disabilities can leave an older person unable to care for themselves. If your parent is suffering from a physical or mental disability, you may be curious about seeking guardianship.

It is common for spouses to mutually agree that one will work outside the home, while the other stays home to raise children or manage the household. When couples in these situations divorce, the spouse who did not work for pay is often fearful about how they will support themselves going forward. Fortunately, Illinois courts consider the value of non-economic contributions made by a homemaker spouse during property division decisions.
NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.

Recent Blog Posts


1737 South Naperville Road, Suite 100
Wheaton, IL 60189
Evening and weekend hours by appointment.

We serve clients throughout Kane County, Illinois including St. Charles, Geneva, Batavia, North Aurora, Elgin, Algonquin, Aurora, Barrington Hills, Bartlett, Big Rock, Burlington, Campton Hills, Carpentersville, East Dundee, Elburn, Hampshire, Huntley, Kaneville, Maple Park, Sleepy Hollow, Wayne, West Dundee as well as throughout DuPage County.

Make a Payment
© 2024 Mirabella, Kincaid, Frederick & Mirabella, LLC | 250 W. River Drive, Unit 2A, St. Charles, IL 60174 | 630-549-0960
Take me to top
Contact Us
Contact Us

In honor of the passing of our founder, Joseph F. Mirabella, Jr., our offices are closed Friday, January 31, 2020.I Agree