Joshua D. Bedwell
Attorney BioDownload Resume
A highly regarded attorney with more than ten years of legal experience, Mr. Bedwell represents clients who seek the highest level of expertise for their legal issues involving divorce, child custody and support, alimony, property division, and all other aspects of family law. His distinguished service spans the greater Chicago area, including DuPage, Cook, Kane, Kendall, Lake, Will and McHenry counties.
As evidence of his impeccable professionalism and exceptional legal abilities, Leading Lawyers has annually awarded him the designation of Emerging Lawyer since 2017, and named him to their list of Best Lawyers in Chicago in 2014. Mr. Bedwell’s accolades have also included the Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars designation. He is a member of both the DuPage County Bar Association and the Kane County Bar Association, as well as the Illinois State Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
Mr. Bedwell is passionate about education and has devoted many hours volunteering at Mock Trial competitions involving several area high schools, where he engages with students and encourages elevated academic competition. As a special guest in many high school classrooms, Mr. Bedwell has been able to share his wisdom and real life experiences with students and staff. Additionally, his devotion to education is demonstrated by his volunteer work with the Constitutional Rights Foundation, an organization dedicated to educating America's young people about the importance of civic participation in a democratic society.
A 2004 graduate of Northern Illinois University with a Bachelor of Arts in English, Mr. Bedwell attended the John Marshall Law School in Chicago, where he earned his Juris Doctor in 2010. While in law school, he served as a member of the Domenick L. Gabrielli National Family Law Moot Court Competition, and he also won the CALI Award in Family Law in 2009. In 2010, the Illinois State Bar Association admitted him to practice, and Mr. Bedwell started his legal career by serving the city of Chicago as an Assistant Corporation Counsel.
An avid fly fisherman and woodworker, Mr. Bedwell enjoys the great outdoors, spending time with his wife, and attending the ballets of their two daughters.
- Illinois, 2010
- The John Marshall Law School
- Chicago, IL
- J.D., 2010
- Northern Illinois University
- DeKalb, IL
- B.A., English, 2004
Honors and Awards:
- Best Lawyers, 2021
- Elite Lawyer, 2020-Present
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2018 - 2021
- Emerging Lawyers, 2017-Present
- Best Lawyers in Chicago, Leading Lawyers, 2014
- CALI Award in Family Law, The John Marshall Law School, 2009
- Domenick L. Gabrielli National Family Law Moot Court Competitor, 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- DuPage County Bar Association, Member, 2012-Present
- Kane County Bar Association, Member, 2016-Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 2010-Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 2010-Present
Pro Bono Activities:
- Constitutional Rights Foundation, Volunteer, 2011-Present
Past Employment Positions:
- Assistant Corporation Counsel, City of Chicago, 2011-2012