Bradley P. Erdman
Brad Erdman is an associate attorney at Mirabella, Kincaid, Frederick & Mirabella, where he exclusively practices family law and civil appellate litigation. With his financial and accounting background, Brad has experience with difficult financial issues, including business valuations, account tracing, and complex asset division, in both contested and collaborative proceedings.
Brad’s financial acumen directly translates into his general approach to family law. “Navigating your client to a successful outcome is not just about meeting their needs. Its about exceeding them in the most cost-effective manner possible. In family law, this means empowering your clients with the information they need to make an informed decision on the resolution of their case. Sometimes this means advising your client to take the matter to trial. Other times, it means taking a more collaborative approach. Each case is different, and you need to adapt not only to the circumstances but also your client’s needs.”
Upon graduating from Chicago-Kent College of Law, Brad worked for a general practitioner focused on criminal and appellate work before finding his niche in family law. During law school, Brad was a merit scholarship recipient, research assistant, and listed on the Dean’s List.
When not practicing law, Brad enjoys cycling, dining, NBA basketball, reading, and traveling with his wife, Kate, and dog, Oliver.
- Family Law
- General Litigation
- Illinois, 2014
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, IL, 2014, J.D.
- Bradley University, Bachelors of Science – Finance, 2009
Relevant Past Employment Positions
- Weiss-Kunz & Oliver, LLC, Associate, March 2018 – March 2022
- Albukerk & Associates, Associate, February 2015 – March 2018
- Albukerk & Associates, Law Clerk, February 2013 – February 2015
- Research Assistant to Joan Steinman, Professor Law at Chicago-Kent, May 2012 – February 2013.
- Mintel, Legal Extern, August 2012 – November 2012.
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2021, 2022
Current/Past Affiliations or Offices Held
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Kane County Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- AAML-IL Annual Columbus Day Seminar Planning Committee, 2020-21
- Tips for Summer Parenting Time
- Waving Removal, Waiving Remand – The Hidden and Unequal Dangers of Participating in Litigation, Florida Law Review, May 2019 (Researcher)