John B. Kincaid
The attorneys of Mirabella, Kincaid, Frederick & Mirabella, LLC mourn the loss of our friend and colleague John B. Kincaid. John had a long and illustrious legal career that was marked by leadership and service. His loss will be deeply felt by the legal community in DuPage County and throughout Illinois.
John received his law degree from Chicago-Kent Law School in 1963. His career in civil law lasted almost 60 years. He tried more than 100 cases involving divorce and family law, personal injury, landlord-tenant disputes, and contract law.
John was highly active in the Illinois legal community. He was a member of the DuPage County Bar Association and served as President from 1991 to 1992. He was a Board Member of the Illinois Bar Foundation from 1986 to 1999, and he served as President of the Foundation from 1996 to 1998. He also served as Director of the DuPage County Bar Foundation in 2014. John received a great deal of recognition for his service, including being honored with the Illinois State Bar Distinguished Service to the Law and Society Award and the Illinois Bar Foundation “Beacon of the Profession” Honorary Fellows Award.
John’s life was distinguished by extensive volunteer service in his community. He served as President of the Wheaton/Carol Stream chapter of United Way, legal counsel to the Friends of Danada, an elder and Sunday school teacher at First Presbyterian Church, a volunteer at Hesed House for the Homeless in Aurora, and a volunteer and driver at Hines Veterans Hospital. He enjoyed spending time with his children and grandchildren, biking, international travel, deep conversations, and music of all kinds.
Born: Hinsdale, Illinois, 1938
Died: August 2019
- Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, Illinois, 1963
- Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Illinois, 1961
- Illinois, 1963
- U.S. Federal Court, 1964
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1973
- Diederich v. Walters, 357 N.E.2d 1128 (Ill. 1976)
- Lein v. Pietruszewski, 335 N.E. 2d 772 (Ill 1975)
- Lein v. Pietruszewski, 321 NE 2d 442 (1974)
- Briarcliffe West Townhouse Owners Ass'n v. Wiseman Const. Co., 454 N.E.2d 363 (Ill.App. 2 Dist. 1983)
- Braircliffe West Townhouse Owners Ass'n v. Wiseman Const. Co., 480 NE 2d 833 (1985)
- Sohaey v. Van Cura, 607 NE 2d 253 (1992)
- Sohaey v. Van Cura, 634 NE 2d 707 (1994)
- Galasso v. KNS, 845 NE 2d 857 (2000)
- Prignano v. Prignano, 934 NE2d 89 (Second District Appellate Court 2010)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- DuPage County Bar Foundation (DCBF), 2014
- DuPage Bar Association
- President, 1991-1992
- Illinois Bar Foundation, 1986-1999
- President, 1996-1998
Honors and Awards:
- Martindale-Hubbell AV-Preeminent Rating
- Super Lawyers, 2006
- Illinois State Bar Distinguished Service to the Law and Society Award, 2000