Kane County Divorce Attorneys
Lawyers for Divorce Issues in St. Charles, Elgin, and Aurora, IL
The experienced divorce attorneys at Mirabella, Kincaid, Frederick, & Mirabella, LLC are extremely familiar with family law in Illinois. During an initial consultation with our lawyers, potential clients will be presented with comprehensive information regarding the dissolution of marriage process. We will then discuss any additional family law issues related to divorce, such as child custody (now considered the allocation of parental responsibilities), child support, and visitation (parenting time). We can inform you of additional information you may need and how to take the next steps regarding your divorce.
Generally, the best interests of the children involved in a divorce revolve around whether or not a couple can agree to an amicable resolution. An approach in which a couple agrees is often less expensive and allows both parties to begin new lives quickly. However, a amicable divorce is not always possible. Our attorneys are prepared to litigate your case in court if needed. Contact the divorce lawyers at MKFM Law by calling 630-549-0960.
All-Inclusive Divorce Law Firm
The divorce practice at MKFM Law is comprehensive. This means we delve into all matters related to divorce and family law proceedings. We assist clients in Kane County with the following:
- Parental Responsibilities and Parenting Time: Formerly known as "child custody" and "visitation," we assist clients with these two aspects of family law and work towards you and your child's best interests.
- Mediation and Collaborative Law: We help clients amicably resolve their disputes through mediation as an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) technique.
- Spousal Maintenance: We aid clients in understanding the different possibilities of alimony collection, spousal support, unallocated support, and the different tax implications of divorce.
- Child Support: We will help you work toward a support agreement that works best for the well-being of your children and follows Illinois child support guidelines.
- Division of Property: According to Illinois law, a marital estate must be divided equitably (not necessarily equally). We employ business evaluators and forensic accountants to make sure all marital property is assessed.
- Enforcement and Modifications: We can assist you in filing petitions with the court to change or enforce existing orders dealing with child support, allocation of parental responsibilities, and parenting time.
Over 50 Years of Divorce Experience
Since 1949, MKFM Law has built a solid foundation as caring and skilled divorce lawyers in Kane County. We often have fellow legal professionals refer divorce and mediation cases to our firm. If you find yourself in our office, we will provide you with all the information you need regarding your case. We will also treat you with respect and move forward with your family's best interests in mind. Contact an experienced Kane County divorce lawyer at Mirabella, Kincaid, Frederick & Mirabella, LLC by calling 630-549-0960. We serve clients throughout St. Charles, Elgin, Geneva, Aurora, Batavia, Elburn, and Barrington Hills.