FAQ Videos

When Can an Illinois Child Support Order Be Modified?

DuPage County Divorce Attorneys Assisting Parents with Child Support Modifications

Situations may arise where you or your spouse need to modify the amount of child support you or your spouse is paying. These support obligations give you the option to change them depending on what the cause may be. The modification process with child support laws and guidelines can be difficult to navigate, but our attorneys at Mirabella, Kincaid, Frederick & Mirabella, LLC can help simplify the process with our years of experience.

If you would like to modify your child support agreement, you will need to file a motion with the court. Our attorneys will need to show that there has been a substantial change in your state of affairs since the original obligation was established. Depending on your circumstances, the amount of child support required can increase or decrease.

However, the court can only make this adjustment based on the date the motion was filed. It is significant that you file as soon as you possible when learning of any financial changes in your life. Some reasons that may cause you to want to change your support payment may be a change in you or your spouse's income, including:

  • Substantial changes to any expenses;
  • Movement of your geographical location;
  • If your child does not live with you or your spouse; and
  • If your child has a disability.

Contact Our Wheaton Child Support Lawyers

On the surface, calculations can seem simple but in fact can be confusing. That is where our team at Mirabella, Kincaid, Frederick & Mirabella, LLC can help. Contact one of our attorneys to set up a consultation. We can help you to be sure that everything you are filing for is in compliance with Illinois laws. We assist clients child support and many other family law related cases. Call us at 630-665-7300 today. We serve clients in DuPage, Kane, and Kendall Counties.

Contact Us

NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.
1737 South Naperville Road, Suite 100
Wheaton, IL 60189
Evening and weekend hours by appointment.

We serve clients throughout Kane County, Illinois including St. Charles, Geneva, Batavia, North Aurora, Elgin, Algonquin, Aurora, Barrington Hills, Bartlett, Big Rock, Burlington, Campton Hills, Carpentersville, East Dundee, Elburn, Hampshire, Huntley, Kaneville, Maple Park, Sleepy Hollow, Wayne, West Dundee as well as throughout DuPage County.

Make a Payment
© 2019 Mirabella, Kincaid, Frederick & Mirabella, LLC | 250 W. River Drive, Unit 2A, St. Charles, IL 60174 | 630-549-0960
Take me to top