Ellen M. Hemminger
Ellen Hemminger joined Mirabella, Kincaid, Frederick & Mirabella in April of 2021, where she practices employment law, including cases of sexual harassment, retaliation, and workplace discrimination. Prior to joining MKFM, Ellen worked for a labor and employment law firm in downtown Chicago, where she assisted with various employment related disputes.
Ellen graduated from Marquette University in 2017 with a degree in Political Science and Public Relations. She then attended DePaul University College of Law, where she graduated cum laude in May of 2020. During law school, Ellen gained valuable litigation skills through her judicial extern in the Circuit Court of Cook County, where she learned about the evolution of a case from start to finish. Ellen pursued her interest for public service as President of DePaul’s International Human Rights Law Institute and developed her skills as an effective advocate, both in and out of the courtroom.
Ellen is a passionate and driven attorney and values each client on a personal level. She strives to understand the unique qualities of each case and to work closely with clients to develop a thoughtful and effective strategy.
In her spare time, Ellen enjoys doing volunteer work and spending time outdoors with friends and family.
- Labor and Employment Law
- Illinois, 2021
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2021
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, IL, J.D. 2020 – graduated cum laude
- Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI, B.A. Political Science and Public Relations, 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association
- NELA - Illinois (National Employment Lawyer's Association)
- WGN Let’s Get Legal Radio Podcast, Guest Legal Expert, February 2022