Stacey A. McCullough
For over 20 years, Stacey has dedicated her legal career to the defense of the criminally accused. An experienced litigator in the area of felony, misdemeanor, juvenile and traffic laws, she demonstrates honesty, compassion, and tenacity with each and every client. Stacey is also a skilled advocate in administrative law matters, providing representation in school discipline proceedings and DCFS appeals. She practices in DuPage, Kane, Kendall, Cook, Will, and McHenry counties.
Stacey received her Juris Doctor from Loyola University of Chicago in 1994 and was admitted to the practice of law in Illinois that same year. She is a 1991 graduate of the University of Illinois at Chicago, where her Criminal Justice degree was conferred with highest honors. Stacey’s legal career began at the DuPage County Public Defender’s Office, where she developed invaluable trial and negotiation skills while defending clients facing charges ranging from DUI, drug possession, and theft to sexual assault, robbery and first-degree murder. With hundreds of cases brought to hearing or trial, she entered private practice in 2004, later forming The Law Office of Stacey A. McCullough, Ltd. Stacey joined Mirabella, Kincaid, Frederick & Mirabella, LLC in January 2018.
An active member of the legal community, Stacey currently serves as 2nd Vice-President of the DuPage County Bar Association (President, 2019-2020) and Treasurer of the DuPage County Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association. She is a member of the DuPage County Bar Association, DuPage County Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association, DuPage Association of Women Lawyers, Illinois State Bar Association, and the Illinois Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. She has served as President of the DCCDLA, Director on the DCBA Board of Directors, and Chair of numerous DCBA committees. Stacey is a current member of the DCBA Public Interest and Action Commission, Budget Committee, Lawyer Referral Service Committee, Membership Committee, Bench Bar Committee, and Criminal Law and Practice Section. She is a frequent presenter at Continuing Legal Education seminars for her colleagues, speaking on topics relating to expungement, criminal law and procedure, and trial advocacy.
Stacey’s first and second passions ahead of the law are her teenage son and daughter, who both aspire to follow in her footsteps and become attorneys in the future.
- Illinois, 1994
- Loyola University of Chicago School of Law, May 1994
- University of Illinois at Chicago, March 1991
- B.A. Criminal Justice
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- 2nd Vice-President, DuPage County Bar Association, 2017-2018 (President 2019-2020)
- Director, DuPage Co. Bar Assn. Board of Directors, 2014-2016; 2005-2007
- Treasurer, DuPage County Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association, 2016
- President, DuPage County Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association, 2006
- Chair, Local Government Committee, DCBA, 2005-2006
- Chair, Media Committee, DCBA, 2005-2006
- Chair, Criminal Law & Practice Committee, DCBA, 2003-2004
- Director, DuPage County Bar Foundation, 2015-2016
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- DuPage County Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association
- DuPage Association of Women Lawyers
- Illinois Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Certified Administrative Hearing Officer
Honors and Awards:
- 1999-2000 Recipient, DCBA Board of Directors Award
Past Employment Positions:
- Momkus McCluskey Roberts LLC, Lisle, Illinois, Jan. – Dec. 2017.
- The Law Office of Stacey A. McCullough, Ltd., Wheaton, Illinois, June 2005-January 2017
- Solo Practitioner
- Law Office of Thomas & McCullough, P.C., Naperville Illinois, general practice (formerly the Law Office of Robert J. Schillerstrom, Ltd.) May 2004-May 2005
- Partner/Associate Attorney
- DuPage County Public Defender’s Office, Wheaton, Illinois, October 1994-May 2004
- Assistant Public Defender