Joshua D. Bedwell
Attorney BioDownload Resume
A highly rated attorney with more than seven years of legal experience, Mr. Bedwell serves clients throughout DuPage, Cook, Kane, Kendall, Lake, Will and McHenry counties, who seek the highest level of representation possible for their legal issues involving child custody and support, alimony, property division, and all other aspects of divorce and separation.
A 2004 graduate of Northern Illinois University with a Bachelor of Arts in English, Mr. Bedwell attended The John Marshall Law School in Chicago, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2010. While in law school, he served as a member of the Domenick L. Gabrielli National Family Law Moot Court Competition, and he also won the CALI Award in Family Law in 2009.
In 2010, the Illinois State Bar Association admitted him to practice, and Mr. Bedwell started his legal career by serving the city of Chicago as an assistant corporate counsel. He then served for a year at another area law firm before joining Mirabella, Kincaid, Frederick & Mirabella, LLC, in 2012.
As evidence of his impeccable professionalism and exceptional legal abilities, Leading Lawyers named him as one of the Best Lawyers in Chicago in 2014 and as an Emerging Lawyer in 2017. He is a member of both the DuPage County Bar Association and the Kane County Bar Association, as well as the Illinois State Bar Association and the American Bar Association. As a service to his community, he volunteers with the Constitutional Rights Foundation.
- Illinois, 2010
- The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, IL, 2010
- Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL 2004
- B.A., English
- Emerging Lawyers, 2017
- Best Lawyers in Chicago, Leading Lawyers, 2014
- CALI Award in Family Law, The John Marshall Law School, 2009
- Domenick L. Gabrielli National Family Law Moot Court Competitor, 2009
- DuPage County Bar Association, Member, 2012-Present
- Kane County Bar Association, Member, 2016-Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member, 2010-Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 2010-Present
- Chicago Bar Association, Member, 2010-Present
- Constitutional Rights Foundation, Volunteer, 2011-Present
- Assistant Corporation Counsel, City of Chicago, 2011-2012