FAQ Videos

How Can I Restrict My Ex-Spouse's New Significant Other from Being around My Children?

DuPage County Family Law Attorneys Assist in Taking Action to Add Parenting Time Restrictions

Sometimes, parents are not comfortable with their ex-spouses' significant others being around their children. It could be because the parents do not know their ex-spouses' partners very well or because they harbor ill feelings toward them. And on occasion, parents have strong reason to fear that their children will be physically or mentally hurt by their former partners' significant others.

If you believe your ex-spouse's significant other is a threat to your child's safety and well-being, you may be able to take legal action. If certain conditions are met, you may be able to legally prohibit your ex-spouse's partner from being around your child during your ex-spouse's parenting time (formerly known as visitation).

How Can I Restrict Who Is around My Child during the Other Parent's Parenting Time?

In order to restrict your ex-spouse's significant other from being around your children during his or her parenting time, the court must find that the ex-spouse's new partner's presence poses a serious endangerment to the child's overall well-being, including his or her health and safety.

Certain procedures must be followed to make changes to parenting time orders. The parent requesting the change needs to show proof of a change in the circumstances the child is exposed to. The court will consider modifying a parenting time order if the health and safety of the child is at risk.

At Mirabella, Kincaid, Frederick & Mirabella, LLC, we understand the importance of your child's safety. We have over 200 years of combined family law experience assisting clients in DuPage, Kane, and Kendall counties. Contact a skilled and compassionate family law attorney at 630-665-7300 today to receive the help that you need to take action for your child's health and well-being.

Contact Us

NOTE: Fields with a * indicate a required field.
1737 South Naperville Road, Suite 100
Wheaton, IL 60189
Evening and weekend hours by appointment.

We serve clients throughout Kane County, Illinois including St. Charles, Geneva, Batavia, North Aurora, Elgin, Algonquin, Aurora, Barrington Hills, Bartlett, Big Rock, Burlington, Campton Hills, Carpentersville, East Dundee, Elburn, Hampshire, Huntley, Kaneville, Maple Park, Sleepy Hollow, Wayne, West Dundee as well as throughout DuPage County.

Make a Payment
© 2018 Mirabella, Kincaid, Frederick & Mirabella, LLC | 309 Walnut Street, Unit B, St. Charles, IL 60174 | 630-549-0960
Take me to top